Operative Techniques in Surgery
is a new comprehensive, 2-volume surgical atlas that helps you master a full range of general surgical procedures
. Ideal for residents as well as experienced surgeons, it guides you step-by-step through each technique using concise, bulleted text, full-color illustrations, and intraoperative photographs to clarify exactly what to look for
and how to proceed.Key Features
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Coverage includes open as well as laparoscopic, endoscopic, and endovascular procedures in gastrointestinal, thoracic, esophageal, colorectal, hepatobiliary, breast, endocrine, dermatologic, and vascular surgery.
- Discussion of each procedure follows the same format: differential diagnosis, patient history and physical findings, imaging and other diagnostic studies, surgical management, techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications.
- A focus on the steps of each technique rapidly directs you to the information you need to choose the right approach for each patient, perform it successfully, and achieve the best possible results.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation that can be accessed anywhere, even without a data connection
- A powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links to find information instantly
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- The ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use