Science is built on trust. The assumption is that scientists will conduct their work with integrity, honesty, and a strict adherence to scientific protocols. Written by geoscientists for geoscientists, Scientific Integrity and Ethics in the Geosciences acquaints readers with the fundamental principles of scientific ethics and shows how they apply to everyday work in the classroom, laboratory, and field. Resources are provided throughout to help discuss and implement principles of scientific integrity and ethics.
Volume highlights include:
- Examples of international and national codes and policies
- Exploration of the role of professional societies in scientific integrity and ethics
- References to scientific integrity and ethics in publications and research data
- Discussion of science integrity, ethics, and geoethics in education
- Extensive coverage of data applications
Scientific Integrity and Ethics in the Geosciences is a valuable resource for students, faculty, instructors, and scientists in the geosciences and beyond. It is also useful for geoscientists working in industry, government, and policymaking.