Go from the initial idea to a production-deployed web app using Django 2.0.
- A beginners guide to learning python's most popular framework, Django
- Build fully featured web projects in Django 2.0 through examples.
- Deploy web applications in quick and reliable fashion with Docker
This project-based guide will give you a sound understanding of Django 2.0 through three full-featured applications. It starts off by building a basic IMDB clone and adding users who can register, vote on their favorite movies, and upload associated pictures. You will learn how to use the votes that your users have cast to build a list of the top 10 movies. This book will also take you through deploying your app into a production environment using Docker containers hosted on the server in Amazon's Electric Computing Cloud (EC2).
Next, you're going to build a Stack Overflow clone wherein registered users can ask and answer questions. You will learn how to enable a user asking a question to accept answers and mark them as useful. You will also learn how to add search functionality to help users find questions by using ElasticSearch. You'll discover ways to apply the principles of 12 factor apps while deploying Django on the most popular web server, Apache, with mod_wsgi. Lastly, you'll build a clone of MailChimp so users can send and create emails, and deploy it using AWS.
Get set to take your basic Django skills to the next level with this comprehensive guide!
What you will learn
- Build new projects from scratch using Django 2.0
- Provide full-text searching using ElasticSearch and Django 2.0
- Learn Django 2.0 security best practices and how they're applied
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app almost anywhere with mod_wsgi
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app to AWS's PaaS Elastic Beanstalk
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app with Docker
- Deploy a full Django 2.0 app with NGINX and uWSGI
Who This Book Is For
If you have some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Python and want to build fully-featured and secure applications using Django, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Building MyMDB
- Adding Users to MyMDB
- Posters, Headshots, & Security
- Caching in on the Top 10
- Deploying with Docker
- Starting Answerly
- Searching for Questions with Elasticsearch
- Testing Answerly
- Deploying Answerly
- Starting Mail Ape
- The Task of Sending Emails
- Building an API
- Deploying Mail Ape