This fourth edition of Retail Banking is a comprehensive, up-to-date introduction to the principles of banking. In the context of a challenging global economy and the continuing recovery from the global financial crisis, good banking and the capacity of retail banks to anticipate and react to economic, environmental, political, social and technological pressures are more relevant than ever.
Aimed at bank staff and students, this text is packed with international examples and case studies, the text covers all aspects of banking in the modern financial services industry and clearly explains the regulatory, social, technological and practical environment in which retail banks operate. Topics covered include:
- banking risks and regulation
- payment methods, fund transfers, collecting and paying banks
- principles of the banker-customer relationship
- the balance between liquidity and profitability
- principles of lending and key credit risk tools.
The text is complemented by online support material and a tutor resource containing dozens of practice tasks for students.